COBA’s vision is to be a caring organisation that grows with our people. Our COBA group of companies also operate in other sectors across Europe and Africa; this vacancy is within COBA Europe Limited, based in Fleckney, Leicestershire. COBA Europe Limited is one of the leading suppliers of safety matting and floor-level safety solutions in Europe.
HOURS OF WORK:
- 08:30 – 17:00, Monday – Thursday, 08:30 – 16:00, Friday
- 39 hours per week, 30 minutes lunch
BUYER/PLANNER – KEY DUTIES:
- Creation and placement of purchase orders. Ensuring goods are delivered within the terms and conditions agreed at time of order.
- Communication with internal stakeholders and the customer service team. Ensuring we notify at the earliest convenience any possible delays in goods or services that may affect the efficient running of the business.
- Ensure good stock availability, inventory control and seamless supply. Liaison with relevant freight forwarders and carriers to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Replenishing and maintaining good inventory levels. Ensuring continuation of accurate input data, to bring about efficiency with regards to demand and supply.
- Initiate and implement supplier agreements, to the benefit of the company, whilst ensuring their upkeep.
- Initiate the improvement and development of the company’s supplier quality control procedures. Ensuring the expected level of supplier service is maintained, monitored and acted upon as necessary.
- Build and develop good supplier relations. Initiating supplier approvals and continued monitoring of key suppliers through the vendor rating system.
- Invoice queries. Liaising with relevant parties to ensure issues are resolved to attain agreed payment terms.
- Monthly tasks and reporting. Compiling of data and reports.
- Sourcing/Projects. Be proactive with sourcing activities and project requirements to identify the competitiveness and position of our supply base.
- Handling rejects, supplier quality control concerns. Raising non-conformance reports, ensuring supplier credits are requested and issues resolved.
- Ordering and supplying materials through intercompany orders. Ensuring the supply is robust and workable for all parties.
- New part input data, overseeing the life cycle of inventory.
- To carry out any reasonable management request.
BUYER/PLANNER – REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing sector, material flow from supplier to finished product despatch (warehousing, material planning, customer service, procurement and logistics)
- Experience of working with MRP / ERP integrated business systems (e.g. IFS / SAP).
- Able to interrogate system reports and challenge needs based on system driven requirements.
- The ability to implement continuous improvement activity
- Track record of driving performance
- Excellent communication skills via any medium
- Strong commercial awareness and customer focus
- Organisational skills
- MCIPS/equivalent level or working towards is desirable
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.