Electrical Maintenance Engineer
COBA’s vision is to be a caring organisation that grows with our people. Our COBA group of companies also operate in other sectors across Europe and Africa; this vacancy is within Copely Developments Limited, based in Thurmaston, Leicestershire.
HOURS OF WORK:
Days: 08:00 – 17:00, Monday-Friday
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – KEY DUTIES:
Plant and Machinery
- Investigate all electrical plant and machinery breakdowns, and mechanical plant and machinery breakdowns where necessary/as required, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work inclusive of obtaining spare parts as necessary.
- Investigate failures in services, determine root cause and carry out necessary repair work inclusive of obtaining spare parts as necessary.
- Carry out project/modification work when necessary.
- Ensure all plant/machinery records are kept up to date.
- Ensure all engineering measures are carried out and recorded.
- Competently read and use electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to diagnose faults.
- Competent in the use of Programmable Logic Controllers.
Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Maintain all plant and equipment through planned/preventative maintenance schedules.
- Install new plant and equipment ensuring compliance to the latest regulations.
- Prioritise work during evening, night and weekend shifts. Requests the services of contractors or suppliers in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times and strict adherence to health and safety practices/procedures maintaining a safe working environment.
- Take an active role in identifying, developing and implementing process improvements.
- Involvement in projects and contributing to the improvement of production processes, competencies and systems.
- To carry out any other duty that is reasonably requested by a Supervisor/Manager/ Director
- To be undertaken in a professional, polite and efficient manner.
- Do not hesitate to ask if instructions are unclear, suggest improvements that could be made etc.
- Covering effectively and efficiently for absent colleagues, where necessary.
- Supporting and co-operating fully with all members of the Team as well as all other departments within COBA Plastics.
- Ensuring that the proactive / positive departmental image is either kept or improved and not harmed.
- Ensuring that by example the department is not only effective and efficient, but is seen to be by all other departments.
- Contributing to team morale.
- Treating others as I would like to be treated myself.
- Maintain a completely professional, polite and positive manner whilst at work.
- Speak up and be assertive with whomever (regardless of job title) if it is with the intention of improving individual or overall company performance.
- Maintaining a high level of assertiveness, honesty and be open to any kind of feedback.
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- Post apprenticeship experience in an industrial environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good numerical and literacy skills.
- Computer literate
- Competent in programmable logic controllers
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE COBA GROUP:
At COBA we take pride in our commitment to the rewards and benefits we offer our ever-growing family.
We frequently evaluate that our offering reflects our core values and provides job satisfaction.
Sound good? Please submit your application below.