COBA is a privately funded group of manufacturing and distribution businesses. Our key activities are invested in the design, manufacture and distribution of thermoplastic products and matting and flooring solutions.
COBA Precision Engineering Ltd based in Fleckney, Leicestershire is dedicated to prototyping, design and engineering solutions for the automotive, medical and aerospace sector. For more information, please visit www.cobaprecision.com.
HOURS OF WORK:
0800-1700 (M-T), 0800-1600 (F)
41.5 hours per week, ½ hour lunch.
You will be willing to apply lean tools and activities throughout the job function and continually strive to bring new methodologies and technology into the business.
- Competent in the use of manual engineering machines, Centre Lathe, Milling machine, Surface Grinders, Wire EDM (Charmilles) hole start EDM machine (charmilles) and general fitting skills
- Competent in the use of CAD CAM fikus and onecnc or similar
- Competent is the use of Solidworks or similar
- Carry out tool repairs to multistage progression tools and second operation tools and fixtures
- Modify existing tools to improve production processes
- Assist in the company continuous improvement programs
- Assist in the training and development of apprentices/trainees as required
- Manufacture punch tools for various types of press tool equipment
- Involved in the repair and preventative maintenance of existing tooling
- Responsible for inspecting finished product to Engineering Drawings
- Ensure the work area is kept clean and tidy and safe working practices are adopted
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Engineering apprenticeship, or equivalent training
- Experience in milling, turning, grinding and fitting
- EDM knowledge and skills
- Able to work from drawings and to specific standards
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.