Trainee Credit Controller
COBA’s vision is to be a caring organisation that grows with our
people. Our COBA group of companies also operate in other sectors across
Europe and Africa; this vacancy is within COBA International Limited,
based in Fleckney, Leicestershire.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Monday – Thursday: 08:30 – 17:00, Friday: 08:30 – 16:00 (39 hours per week)
TRAINEE CREDIT CONTROLLER – KEY DUTIES:
- General credit control, including ensuring customers pay OTIF in order to achieve DSO
- Communicating pro-actively with customers to ensure they are paying on time and in full
- Manage the dunning process (Debtor letters) in accordance to the Credit Policy
- Blocking/unblocking customers credit accounts in line with the
credit policy and communicating this in a prompt manner to the customer
and internal departments
- Issuing of invoices and monthly statements
- Use system notepads to record all communications and logging of queries.
- Ensure debit notes and invoice queries are logged and fast tracked
through the system to ensure a first class service is provided to the
- Ensuring that the customer’s credit limits are sufficient to cover
trading levels, and communicating potential restrictions to the Group
- Set up the IFS Financial element for a new customer and administer any changes to customer details
- Administrate customers payments made by credit /debit card and
allocating receipts to customer invoices and releasing orders once
customer payment is received
- Assist in preparing Month end reporting for Group Credit Manager.
Including Aged Debt Analysis, Credit Note Reports, Debit Note Provision
- Update cash books daily and accurately allocate/ match receipts to customer invoices
- Liaise with customer any discrepancies with a remittance not matching payments
- Ensure that accounts are kept tidy by matching CUPOA (Customer
Payment on Account) receipts, credit invoices to debit notes, etc.
TRAINEE CREDIT CONTROLLER – REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience within a finance department
- Experience of using a recognised ERP package would be an advantage and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is essential
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE COBA GROUP:
At COBA we take pride in our commitment to the rewards and benefits we offer our ever-growing family.
We frequently evaluate that our offering reflects our core values and provides job satisfaction.
A healthy work life balance is close to our hearts, with onsite
facilities, including a gym and a subsidised café to help you to stay
fit and eat healthily.
Sound good? Please submit your application here.